OOPS (Organisation of Psychology Students) at GCHSS especially targets those students who have decided to study Psychology. Its aims include to make the experience as a psychology student at GCHSS more enjoyable and worthwhile.
OOPS’ Main Objectives:
- To empower students by providing opportunities for them to grow and develop their knowledge of psychology outside the classroom.
- To improve interpersonal skills such as communication, confidence, leadership, assertiveness and organisational skills.
- To provide a support network for students, including fostering new friendships.
- To increase awareness of mental health issues and psychological well-being in the school.
- To keep up-to-date with local research.
- To discuss psychological topics either as a continuation of the lessons or as a means to explore new applied and/or theoretical topics that are not part of the syllabus.