Choosing Applied Mathematics
Applied Mathematics is a branch of mathematics that is particularly useful in science, architecture, engineering, business and computer science. The subject offers a practical outlook by formulating and studying mathematical models.
It includes topics such as Vectors, Scalars, Forces, Momentum, Couple, Work, Energy and Power. These concepts are applied to bodies in both linear motions and rotations. Rotations in particular are dealt with in detail at Advanced Level.
You can study Applied Mathematics at:
|Advanced Level||A minimum of grade 5 at SEC level or equivalent is required||2 years||5 lessons per week||1 tutorial per week|
|Intermediate Level||A minimum of grade 5 at SEC level or equivalent is required||2 years||3 lessons per week||N/A|
- Matriculation Course students can choose both Pure and Applied Mathematics but not at the same level. Before choosing Applied Mathematics, the student should bear in mind that a good knowledge of Pure Mathematics is an asset.
- Therefore, a student who intends to choose Applied Mathematics at Advanced Level is advised to concurrently follow the Pure Mathematics course at Intermediate Level.
- *Depending on the number of students.
Further Studies/Career opportunities
- University of Malta
- Institute of Tourism Studies
- Careers in the public sector, commerce & statistics