Choosing Applied Mathematics
Applied Mathematics is a branch of mathematics that is particularly useful in science, architecture, engineering, business and computer science. The subject offers a practical outlook by formulating and studying mathematical models.
It includes topics such as Vectors, Scalars, Forces, Momentum, Couple, Work, Energy and Power. These concepts are applied to bodies in both linear motions and rotations.
You can study Applied Mathematics at:
A minimum of grade 5
|2 years||3 lessons per week||N/A|
- Matriculation Course students cannot choose both Pure and Applied Mathematics at Intermediate level.
- On choosing Applied Mathematics, the student should bear in mind that a good knowledge of Pure Mathematics is an asset.
The Teaching Programme is supplemented by:
- Guest speakers from maths related faculties at the University of Malta and other institutions.
- Applied Maths: Understanding Mechanics; A.J. Sadler, D.W.S Thorning; ISBN:9780199146758
Further Studies/Career opportunities
- University of Malta
- Institute of Tourism Studies
- Careers in the public sector, architecture and engineering