Individual Study Programme for Adult Learners (IPAL)
Who is it intended for?
- Students who would like to improve their grades
- Adults who want to learn a new subject
- Adults who need to change their career
What will you study
- Students can chose any subject/s at any level according to the prerequisites listed under each subject as found in the prospectus.
- Subjects are offered according to availability and timetable constraints.
- Students can only take a maximum of 25 lessons per week and in line with guidelines provided in the prospectus.
- For subjects that are not offered at Refresher Level, students can opt for both 1st and 2nd year if they have already studied the subject.
- Where Refresher Level is offered, students will be able to choose the subject only if they have already studied it at Sixth Form level.
- Students with no knowledge of the subject can choose it at 1st and 2nd year concurrently only where indicated in the subject page.
Choice of Subjects
Any subject from the following groups can be chosen
Group 1 | Languages
Arabic, English, French, German, Italian, Maltese, Spanish
Group 2 | Humanities
Accounting, Classical Studies, Economics, Geography, History, Marketing, Philosophy, Psychology, Religious Knowledge, Sociology
Group 3 | Sciences
Applied Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, Pure Mathematics
Group 4 | Arts & Technology
Art, Computing, Graphical Communication, Home Economics & Human Ecology, Information Technology, Music, Physical Education, Theatre & Performance Studies (Drama), Systems of Knowledge (SOK)
Students who completed the two year 6th Form Course or adults of 18 years of age and over.
For more information about Admissions Policy for 2021-2022 please visit our Prospectus: http://www.gchssprospectus.com/