Geography deals with the interactions between man and his environment on the Earth’s surface. It encompasses human (social and economic) and physical (scientific) aspects and their spatial distribution. Topics covered include map-reading, weather, landscapes and the coasts, population, towns and economic activities such as farming, industry and tourism. Such topics are studied from a global (world) and local (Maltese) perspective.
You can study Geography at:
Preferably studied Geography or Environmental Studies at SEC Level
|2 years||5 lessons per week||1 tutorial per week|
|Intermediate Level||No previous knowledge required||2 years||3 lessons per week||N/A|
- IPAL students intending to study geography at A Level in 1 year must be in possession of the 2 short-term field work reports and the individual field work report.
- Waugh, D. (2009) Geography: An Integrated Approach, 4th edition. Nelson, Walton-on-Thames – ISBN 9781408504079
The teaching programme is supplemented by:
- Regular outings for fieldwork and excursions
Further Studies/Career opportunities
- University of Malta/Foreign university
- Careers in farming, tourism, business, surveying, the Police Force, the Armed Forces, navigation and (if taken with Physics) meteorology and aviation