Change brings challenges and opportunities. We appreciate that your move to post-secondary can be an exciting, new experience affecting you both socially and academically. It may take you a while to adjust your study skills techniques and time management strategies to this level. The nature of your friendships could also change. You are welcome to discuss with us any issues that this change might bring about in you.
Besides offering you general support, we are also very happy to provide you with the following services:
- personal counselling to students who are facing situations such as the break-up of an important relationship, conflict within the family, the death of a friend or a family member, sexuality issues, loneliness, lack of self-esteem and other personal issues
- guidance regarding choice of course and/or subjects at our school in view of further and higher education and/or future career paths
- sessions centring around difficulties encountered during the course
- the organisation of an annual career fair and a number of visits to workplaces
- group and/or individual study tips sessions
- support to students with disabilities and/or different educational needs, including participation during IEPs
Everything said in a counselling session remains confidential unless there is a perceived risk to self or others.