Choosing Practising Entrepreneurship Skills (MCQ 3)
This programme provides students with a hands-on experience which bridges the gap between the theoretical and practical implications of business. In this programme students learn how to take a business idea from concept to reality. They form their own real enterprise and discover first-hand how a company functions. They elect a board of directors from amongst their peers, raise share capital and market and finance a product or service of their own choice.
The course will be offered as one module, divided into the following units:
- UNIT 1: Business Plan for the Young Entrepreneur
- UNIT 2: Customer Experience for the Young Entrepreneur
- UNIT 3: Company Efficiency for the Young Entrepreneur
Some of the aims of the above module are the following:
- To foster an understanding of the world of work and a spirit of entrepreneurship skills through the principle of learning by doing.
- To inspire and promote the value of social responsibilities within the commercial arena.
- To develop character through team-building experiences and practice.
- To gain an understanding of how business works particularly inmarketing and sales, operations, finance, quality and customersatisfaction.
- To experience company related issues such as electing and appointing a team of directors, selecting a company name and creating a prototype of the product to be sold, raising capital by selling shares of stock and submitting a business plan.