Choosing The Art of Drama (MQF 3)
This programme provides participants with the basic skills for theatre performance and production. The programme is aimed for both new- comers and experienced participants as it seeks to:
- Introduce newcomers to the prerequisites, techniques and skills of Theatre Performance and Production.
- Nurture and develop the skills of participants who are already active in the theatre scene, to give them the necessary hands-on skills as future theatre makers and practitioners.
The programme is divided into two stand-alone modules:
Module 1 – Non-formal award: Introducing the Art of Drama (Year 1)
The first Module aims to introduce participants to the basic skills and competencies in the Art of Drama through:
- practical training sessions
- presentations and talks
- workshops and seminars
- site-visits and attendances to performances
- preparation, rehearsals and performances in which the participant is directly involved.
Module 2 – Non-formal award in the Art of Drama (Year 2)
Participants who successfully complete Module 1 will be able to read this Module during the subsequent year. This Module builds on the knowledge, skills and competencies acquired in Module 1 thus allowing participants to take up roles of greater leadership and responsibility. This Module focuses on:
Leadership, Autonomy, Mentoring, Theatre-making and Self- Assessment Skills.
The above skills are essential tools required in an active theatre careerand are also transferrable skills for other places and fields of work.